Megan's books

The Hunger Games
The Giver
The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle
The Outsiders
Holes
Night
Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace ... One School at a Time
The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind
The Hobbit
The Princess Diaries


Megan's favorite books »

Monday, May 5, 2014

Women in the Mist

Vocab

In my book the vocab isn't that hard. The words they use aren't too difficult I can figure them out by context clues and if I can't then I just look them up. Throughout the novel they do like to use a lot of locations and cities and a lot of the cities in the United States I know about where they are because they are major cities, but they also like to use cities in Africa and i have no clue where they are or even remotely where they are locates. It would help if they could put something at the bottom of the page or a caption next to the cities so you can follow where she is traveling better. This is a minor setback though because it is not the most important part of the book to know where they are as long as you know if they are in Africa or America.

This is a general map of the place that she went to (Rwanda) but it doesn't have the actual route that she traveled.

 
In the book she talks about how pretty it is especial at night and how all of the clouds clear and you can see the stars and off to the side there is the volcano. She explains that the animals will travel up and down the valley, so I am assuming that Rwanda is pretty hilly. Using the map I gave above it is still hard to tell where about she might have been because it talks about how she can see the volcano but she also says that there are a lot of trees and undergrowth. So it also seems that she might be around the Forest down in the south of Rwanda.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Megan! I can relate to you when you say the book you’re reading has too easy vocabulary. My previous book was like that and it felt too elementary. I think it would have been a good idea for the author to be more detailed regarding exactly where the character was traveling in Rwanda. I liked how you included a map of the country in your post to give the audience a visual.

    ReplyDelete