Megan's books

The Hunger Games
The Giver
The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle
The Outsiders
Holes
Night
Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace ... One School at a Time
The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind
The Hobbit
The Princess Diaries


Megan's favorite books »

Monday, April 28, 2014

blog reflection


During this trimester I have been Blogging on a book called Woman in the Mist, in these blogs I have use my voice in it and really showed my personality. In one blog post in particular I talked about how I thought it was cool that she was really interested in these animals and wanted to help them. This is using my voice because I really like animals and I think this would be really cool to get the chance to do.  I also relate a lot of what she is doing to what is happening in life right now. I can showcase my personality in my blogs because the book that I am reading relates a lot to what is happening in the world and what I think is really cool. In my blogs I put in my personal opinions about the world and how we treat our environment. In this post I say “Hopefully in the future people will be able to keep raising awareness about the animals they love and keep helping those animals.” I show my opinion in this sentence because I talk about how I hope that there will be other brave people that follow in their footsteps and try to help the animals they love.

In my blog post I use all different types of diction. For example in this post I say, “This is happening all over the world and humans are often poaching animals and are destroying their habitat just like what we have seen in the book.” This quote is using formal diction because I am addressing a real problem in the world that needs to be changed. I talk about how the people are poaching the animals and how they are destroying their habitat. The word choice I use in the sentence helps get across the seriousness of this topic. In this sentence I have used a lot of medium to long sentences because I am explaining thing that are happening in the book and relating them to what is happening in the world, if I used a lot of sort sentences they wouldn’t get the point across and it would make it really confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment