Megan's books

The Hunger Games
The Giver
The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle
The Outsiders
Holes
Night
Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace ... One School at a Time
The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind
The Hobbit
The Princess Diaries


Megan's favorite books »

Monday, July 7, 2014

Looking for Alaska

For my summer reading assignment I decided to read the book, Looking for Alaska. Right now I am about half way through the book and so far I am really enjoying it. The main characters in the book are Pudge, the Colonel, Alaska, and finally Takumi. This book takes place at a boarding school called Culver Creek. Each character faces there own smaller problem but he main problem that these for characters face is that the are currently in a rivalry against some people called Weekday Warriors; who are kids that are rich and only stay on the campus over the week. They are mad at each other because someone ratted out a couple at the campus for being in each others room after ours. Each party thinks that other one did it. I predict that by the end of the book they are going to figure out who ratted the couple out and it is going to cause some huge conflicts. The whole book doesn't remind me of any other work that I have read but I know that there are boarding schools and it kind of sounds like a college. I also I seen the play a west side story and it sort of resembles it but only because of the two sides that don't get along.   

No comments:

Post a Comment